Pages

Monday 13 June 2011

Raccoon Grand



Grand and Res Champion


Our clubs achievement day was held on Saturday June 11 at the Westlock Ag barn with Orville Smitt our judge. I did very well, with five out six of my heifers winning their classes and then my summer yearling Skycrest Wildman Raccoon getting grand champion and Honorable mention with my March yearling Skycrest Mr. Sam Kiwi, I was also 1st Sr. showman. Also Casey Morey for getting Reserve Champion with her Sr. yearling. But before achievement day that previous week I was busy clipping and washing and leading my calves.For those of you that don't know what clipping is, its like a hair cut for cattle but just leaving a strip on the top of the backs (kinda like a mohawk) to make the heifers more dairyer and give them more angularity. On Saturday morning I got up early to leave so when we got to Westlock I had lots of time to spot wash and do tops before the show started. So I think all the hard work to get my heifers ready for achievement day had paid off. 



Kiwi Hon. Mention



Getting heifers ready with my cousins

No comments:

Post a Comment