Pages

Wednesday 25 May 2011

May Marathon

Well its been a busy month for me. With the Leduc Dairy Congress show, Achievement day coming up, as well as helping with seeding . With the show coming up I have put the show heifers on a diet so they can dairy off, I have also been busy washing them every second day so that they can grow nice hair for my brother Chad to clip.With the show heifers being on a diet it means that they are  put on straw and I give them some beet pulp and just a couple slabs of hay sprinkled on top of the straw once a day. As I have said I have been washing them also, washing them keeps the dirt and oils out of the hair and with dirt and grease out of the hair, the hair will grow thick and will get longer. Dad has also been making me go roll some fields after he has seeded them.This is where I pull a giant roller on the seeded fields to push down the rocks that have been missed from picking.We do this because then when it comes to combining we don't have to worry about running  a rock through the combine and cause serious damage. But with seeding done now and no more rough fields to roll that is one less job that is out of my way. I also have our 4-H clubs achievement day coming up after the show in Leduc, so I have been fine tuning some of my 4-H calves and getting them ready for the achievement day. My December calf, September calf and my Junior yearling will be attending the show in Leduc coming in the first week of June. I have taken my Sept. calf to two shows in spring and she has done very well. My Sept calf's name is Nosejob, she has placed 2nd in Calgary, 3rd in Saskatoon and was 1st and Honorable Mention in the Jr show in Saskatoon.I am excited for the rest  of the year with my 4-H calves!So check it out June 3 at Leduc for the 25th Anniversary Dairy Congress.

Nosejob and me at Saskatoon Show


No comments:

Post a Comment